Friday, July 28, 2006

A PowerPoint-based prototype of my interactive visual representation

Originally, I planned to illustrate the ideas of different tenses but I have found that I am too aggressive. Since we are allowed to present our ideas in one scene only, I have modified my topic a little bit. I need to think more carefully for what to present in the scene. Simplicity is crucial in my representation. However, I want students to distinguish the difference between simple and progressive tenses. Progressive tenses are used to describe incomplete actions at a specific time. Here are two versions I want to develop. In order to deliver my ideas more clearly, I have created PowerPoint slides to show the finished products. Due to technical problems, I am still working on the versions in Flash. Indeed, Daniel has helped me develop the first version in Flash but after the production, I find that there are some problems in my design. Therefore, I have to seek help from him and you as well. Please feel free to leave comments for me. Thank you.



First version (produced by PowerPoint)



Incomplete first version (produced by Flash)




Second version (produced by PowerPoint)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Chan CB said...

I like your "easy to interpret" design.

Will you think about including more than one verb for your final design, such as jump; swim; etc.?

I'm more interested to see how you can contrast simple and progressive tenses along the same time line.

4:55 pm  
Blogger oldtownboys said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

3:26 am  
Blogger ddumping said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home